ONLINE Painting Fundamentals Class for Kids ages 10-16
Painting Fundamentals Class ONLINE for Kids ages 10-16
INSTRUCTOR: Rachel Gingold
Calling all creative kids ages 10-16! Are you looking for something fun to do after school while at home? Join Rachel ONLINE for interactive instruction while you paint with acrylic on canvas at home!
FLEXIBILITY: Offered Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 3:30-5:30 pm . Sign up for 1 class, or a series of 6 or 12 sessions. Choose your dates during sign-up to RSVP for each session you’d like to attend. If you sign up for 6 (or 12) classes, chose 6 (or 12) dates. You can join in once a week, twice a week, or every other, depending on your schedule.
In each 2-hour sessions, students will practice the fundamentals of painting using acrylics on canvas. We will cover the basics of color mixing, brush management and using glazing medium. We work from photos, choosing from a still life, a landscape painting and an animal portrait or flower. Concepts of composition, light and shadow, foreground and background will all be emphasized. All skill levels are welcome.
How does a painting class work online?
- Once you register, you will receive a list of supplies you need for class (paint, brushes and canvas), and links to where you can order them online. Please order what you need as soon as possible so it arrives before your first session begins.
- Next, you will be sent links and passwords to log into class, which will be held through Zoom video conferencing.
- Make sure you have a space at home where you can paint without too many disruptions.
- You will need a laptop, tablet or cell phone to join the videoconferences, and a camera to text/email photos of your work-in-progress during class.
- Class size is limited to 10 students so that each participant gets ample feedback during their 2-hour session. Students are also encouraged to paint on their own at home, and can text photos and questions to Rachel anytime between classes.
For students ages 10 -16.
*For new students, we recommend signing up for a series of 6 classes first. Students work at their own pace, and sometimes it takes a couple of sessions to complete a painting.
*For returning students, you can purchase 1 class at a time or a series. Paint on your own between classes if you’d like. During class time, I’m here for advice and encouragement!
1 class: $20
Series of 6 classes: $110
Series of 12 classes: $200
Please email Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!